Final Moments: Reflective Essay and Conclussion


 


            I can still remember the first virtual “meet and greet” with our coordinating teachers, headed by the assistant principal of UPIS. While we were waiting for the others to join the zoom meeting, she is playing “At the Beginning” where a portion of lyrics has been carved in my mind, which goes:

Life is a road, now and forever, wonderful journey”

Indeed, the road we are about to take as a Student Teacher is indeed just a start of a journey, especially that we are the initial batch that goes with the online class setting.

            Together with most of my classmates, I have my shared anxiety on how we will deal with this kind of scenario wherein all of us are in a same boat, facilitators and students alike, are still gasping for familiarity about distant learning as it’s the only way we can move on with the Academic Year 2020-2021.

            The course itself had prepared us with so much guidance. I am also impressed and learned more with our online discussion. Especially on how we provide our answers and then comment or provide feedback with each other’s answers. It’s a very in-depth discussion and at the same time it provides so much interaction to process what we have learned and what we failed to learn.

And here comes the actual class demo, with sleepless nights to prepare our instant Lesson Plans and Modules, the jubilant moment when we can finally deliver our class demo: section per section, week by week. It was exhausting yet exhilarating at the same time. I never felt this  kind of fulfillment yet in my entire life, now my appreciation to my previous teachers was intensified with so much magnitude.

Plus, we had our class observation and peer observation from which we are exposed how different kind of methods, style and approaches. Our group chat and weekly meetings/ group discussion via zoom also provide me with so much insights with my co students, to discuss and relay best practices.

For me, having both Educ 180 and 181 this semester felt like a whole year, I felt I’ve been through a lot; I felt like I am more competent and confident whatever a life of being a real teacher would be.

I am so much grateful and will do my best, to make use of what I’ve been through to my future students, of which I will bring them along to a never-ending adventure of teaching and learning at the same time.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson Plan: Shapes and Forms

Journal Entry Week 8

Journal Entry Week 7