Journal Entry Week 9

 



Rearrange 

All these years of learning "how to teach" is finally being put into practice. I am collecting all the knowledge and best practices that was taught by my mentors from  College of Education. Combined with my Art History and Art Making in College of Fine Arts, I am in the midst of rearranging all these inputs and present them in one final presentation. Just like paper cut outs and paste them into a collage. 

This time, I am putting these concepts of teaching into action.

***


    Finally, I am done with my demo classes and here are the feedback or "feed forward" that was shared to me of which I will definitely apply on my future teaching sessions.
 
  • Only if the time permits, try to minimize time to play for music and continue with the discussion since we have limited time (should only have been 40 mins, and my first class was extended to an hour?!)
  • Make use of chat box to provide instructions so in case I might get disconnected, there's something that can guide the students through the art activity.
  • Provide the materials needed before hand so students will not panic or had difficulty in getting those materials once the art activity commence.
  • Use lesser text, make it bigger and continue to explain more.

    Overall, I am very pleased with my presentation (although my 2nd class is better compared to my first class) but nevertheless, I had a great time interacting with my assigned students and definitely treasure the guidance of my coordinating teacher in UPIS, Sir Basug and the presence of Teacher Nong and Teacher Cha from college of Education.

    With all the good points and recommendations given to me, this will definitely prepare and hone me for becoming a better Art Teacher. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lesson Plan: Shapes and Forms

Journal Entry Week 8

Journal Entry Week 7